1. Site Disclaimer
2. Posting Policy
4. Fair Use Policy
1. GridironRats.com (GiR) is an independent blog intended for the open discussion of issues surrounding the National Football League. This site is not affiliated in any way with the National Football league or any of its teams.
2. The views reflected in GiR are solely the views of the site contributors, and in no way reflect the views of our internet host, the National Football League or any of its teams, our employers, or even our pets.
3. All data and information provided on this site is for entertainment and informational purposes only. GiR makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, accurateness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.
4. While comments and feedback are welcome, all submissions are expected to be in good taste (and we get to decide what that means). In short, if we would not allow our children to read submissions offered to GiR, they will be deleted at the discretion of OLV. Multiple submissions of inappropriate commentary may result in permanent banning from posting on this site.
1. Any content created by visitors to GiR (“User Content”) that is posted in Comments, polls, or other areas of the website is provided solely for entertainment purposes. GiR may, at its sole discretion, choose to remove any such content if we believe that the content is inappropriate for display on our website.
2. If you are aware of any content posted to our website that may be inappropriate or users who are abusing our systems please contact us at email@example.com. We will review the information in question and render a decision regarding the content at our earliest opportunity.
3. Site visitors may have different standards regarding offensiveness that the staff at GiR. Since this is our website, it is our opinion that matters. We wish to provide all readers with an enjoyable experience but recognize that any content can be considered offensive by someone. If you find yourself being consistently offended by content on this website, then we encourage you to find a site more suitable to your liking.
4. We encourage people who are posting in public areas of this site to exercise caution in revealing any personally identifying information. GiR is not responsible for third party visitors to this site and cannot ensure that visitors to this site will respect your privacy.
5. Those posting comments to this website are welcome to link to other fan sites/blogs for the entertainment value of readers. GiR, except where explicitly noted, does not endorse these sites and will not be held responsible for readers choosing to visit these sites.
6. Those posting comments to this website are restricted from including links to any products, services, or businesses. Such links will be removed as soon as they are reported/discovered. GiR, except where explicitly noted, does not endorse these sites and will not be held responsible for readers choosing to visit these sites. IF YOU WANT TO ADVERTISE SOMETHING ON OUR SITE, BUY AD SPACE.
7. Paid ads that are posted on this website are not endorsed by GiR. GiR is not responsible for the content or business practices of web sites advertised on this site by our visitors so please keep this in mind before clicking on any links.
8. Visitors posting to this site must be 13 years of age or older, and must accept all terms and conditions of this site.
1. If you have questions regarding privacy at GridironRats.com, you should first contact our site administrator (Ghost Rat) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow one to two business days for a response.
2. At present, Gridironrats.com does not actively collect any personally identifying information regarding site visitors. User statistics are maintained by aggregate only, and verification for posting to the site is automated and does not feed user information to our staff.
3. At no time will any staff member at GridironRats.com ever ask site visitors to provide credit card information or user IDs or passwords for this or any other site.
4. GridironRats.com may choose to utilize cookies for the purpose of tracking site usage. Cookies are stored on the reader’s browser, not on our website, and may be declined by the reader.
6. In the interest of maintaining an informal and stress-free website, GridironRats.com will not employ user statistics regarding website visits and ad clicks beyond the aggregate form.
FAIR USE POLICY
From Wikipedia: The fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include:
- the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
- the nature of the copyrighted work;
- the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
- the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
GridironRats.com will reproduce the work of others with appropriate citations for the purposes of criticism, comment, reporting, and teaching. In general, GiR will restrict its reproduction of copyrighted articles and other written works to no more than twenty percent of the overall document (usually less); while GiR has an interest in sharing this information with others, it also has an interest on directing interested readers to the original source document.
If you are aware that GiR is utilizing materials outside of the scope of Fair Use, or that appropriate citations have not been provided, please contact us with the correct information. A change will be made as soon as the information can be verified.
GiR typically includes a stock photo or logo with all stories. This is often derived from Google Images or other broad based searches. Whenever possible, photo credit is provided. If you become aware of a photo not properly credited, please contact GiR and we will make any necessary corrections. GiR avoids utilizing any images that are clearly marked as copyrighted.
GiR grants its readers with a nonexclusive, nontransferable, limited right to access, use and display this website and the materials provided herein, provided that you comply fully with these same conditions of Fair Use.