We lost a couple of the unbeaten teams this week, as the Seahawks fell to the Colts and the Bengals bested the Patriots in a defensive struggle. That leaves us with the Broncos, Saints and Chiefs all locked at 5-0. On the flip side, the Giants and Jaguars have both started the year at 0-5, while the Steelers and Buccaneers benefited from byes to stay at 0-4. In the stunner of the week, the Jets outplayed the Falcons on Monday Night Football, while the Raiders got out to an early lead and then held on the beat the Chargers in another relative surprise. Our contributors have been polled, and here are our rankings and questions as we move into Week Six. Last week’s rankings are in [brackets].
1. Denver Broncos (5-0, six first place votes)  – Can anyone but the Broncos beat the Broncos?
2. New Orleans Saints (5-0)  – Can Drew Brees keep taking a beating and keep on ticking?
3. Seattle Seahawks (4-1)  – Still the best team in the NFC?
4. Kansas City Chiefs (5-0)  – Will it be the 9-0 Chiefs versus the 9-0 Broncos?
5. Indianapolis Colts (4-1)  – Does the AFC South belong to Indy once again?
6. New England Patriots (4-1)  – Is that a Gronk sighting?
7. San Francisco 49ers (3-2)  – Isn’t Frank Gore amazing when he gets the ball?
8. Chicago Bears (3-2)  – Has the inevitable drama involving Jay Cutler begun?
9. Miami Dolphins (3-2)  – Does Miami now have two teams to cheer for?
10. Cincinnati Bengals (3-2)  – Was this a statement win, or just the rain?
11. Green Bay Packers (2-2)  – Ready to roll, or more hot and cold?
12. Detroit Lions (3-2)  – Why did they move up? Because reality settled in for #s 16 and 17.
13. Dallas Cowboys (2-3)  – Why is it that Tony Romo always manages to kill a brilliant performance with one stupid decision?
14. Tennessee Titans (3-2)  – Can they manage with Jake Locker gone?
15. Baltimore Ravens (3-2)  – Can they slow down the Packers?
16. Houston Texans (3-2)  – Will it be five games in a row for Matt Schaub to throw a pick six?
17. Atlanta Falcons (1-4)  – Is Mike Smith trying to coach the Falcons out of the playoff hunt?
18. New York Jets (3-2)  – Will the real Geno Smith please stand up?
19. Arizona Cardinals (3-2)  – When is the last time the Cardinals won games in spite of their quarterback? Oh yeah… guess nothing has changed.
20. Cleveland Browns (3-2)  – Is Brandon Weeden’s return the worst thing that could happen to this suddenly resurgent club?
21. St. Louis Rams (2-3)  – Think they are missing Steven Jackson? Yeah, and so are the Falcons.
22. San Diego Chargers (2-3)  – With this record, is it like Norv Turner is still there?
23. Philadelphia Eagles (2-3)  – Is Chip Kelly wishing the Eagles could play the Giants every week?
24. Minnesota Vikings (1-3)  – Is it time to move from one failed quarterback to another?
25. Carolina Panthers (1-3)  – They played like that AFTER a bye week?
26. Buffalo Bills (2-3)  – Is there a spike in barrels going over Niagara Falls with EJ Manuel injured?
27. Oakland Raiders (2-3)  – Is anyone else thinking this team is going to be deadly after they spend $50 million in the coming off-season?
28. Washington Football Club (1-3)  – Is that Daniel Snyder’s final answer on the name of his team? This is ours.
29. Pittsburgh Steelers (0-4)  – Is this team really going to lose to the Jets?
30. New York Giants (0-5)  – How is Eli still standing with an offensive line this bad?
31. Tampa bay Buccaneers (0-4)  – Did the bye help, or is this just an extra week between losses?
32. Jacksonville Jaguars (0-5)  – So what will the Broncos’ team tweets be like AFTER the game?
To be fair to Sharpe, he had a really good question that got preempted by our commentary. For Washington, he asks: “Do they need more French players?” It’s a fair question.
See you next time!