How good are the Seattle Seahawks? They’re so good that even after a Week Fourteen loss to the San Francisco 49ers, they remain our unanimous #1 team in our power rankings. The Broncos and Patriots switched positions as the Broncos dominated the Titans while the Patriots pulled out a third straight comeback win, but lost Rob Gronkowski for the year in the process. The Saints and 49ers both moved up after the Panthers got beaten handily by New Orleans. Here are our power rankings as we enter Week Fifteen:
1. Seattle Seahawks (11-2) – Division losses to be expected; still the best team in football
2. Denver Broncos (11-2) – Now he thinks he is suddenly clutch in the cold? Peyton can shove it where the sun don’t shine
3. New England Patriots (10-3) – No Gronk? No chance to make the Super Bowl
4. New Orleans Saints (10-3) – A different team in the dome
5. San Francisco 49ers (9-4) – Having Crabtree back is a plus
6. Carolina Panthers (9-4) – It’s not quite midnight yet for Cinderella
7. Cincinnati Bengals (9-4) – Still dangerous despite the injuries
8. Kansas City Chiefs (10-3) – The Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL
9. Arizona Cardinals (8-5) – Losing Honey Badger hurts
10. Indianapolis Colts (8-5) – They’ll get torched at home by the Chiefs in the Wildcard Round
11. Philadelphia Eagles (8-5) – Would be much more dangerous with a defense
12. Chicago Bears (7-6) – McCown is killing Cutler’s leverage
13. Baltimore Ravens (7-6) – Did you hear about the joke that Flacco told his receivers? It went over their heads
14. Detroit Lions (7-6) – With a real coach this team just might be good
15. Dallas Cowboys (7-6) – Jerry really needs to fire the GM. Oh wait…
16. Miami Dolphins (7-6) – Just good enough to miss the playoffs
17. San Diego Chargers (6-7) – It’s like Norv never left
18. Green Bay Packers (6-6-1) – This mess of a team can still win the division
19. St. Louis Rams (5-8) – Dangerous now; just wait til they cash in those draft picks
20. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-8) – Blow it up, starting with the coach
21. Tennessee Titans (5-8) – Cutler’s next stop?
22. New York Jets (6-7) – Rex still needs to go
23. New York Giants (5-8) – Even Gandhi hates the Giants
24. Buffalo Bills (4-9) – With Manuel regressing, this team is a mess
25. Cleveland Browns (4-9) – Who’s the next quarterback to be drafted by the Browns?
26. Oakland Raiders (4-9) – Moving in the right direction, but Allen may need a win or two to keep his job
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-9) – Schiano might still get fired
28. Minnesota Vikings (3-9-1) – Cordarrelle Patterson looking like the real deal
29. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-9) – Gus Bradley knows what he is doing
30. Washington Football Club (3-10) – Shutting down RGIII a good move? Or just Shanahan flipping off Snyder on his way out the door?
31. Atlanta Falcons (3-10) – They will be better with Clowney
32. Houston Texans (2-11) – The only question left is: what number will Bridgewater wear?